We will be running the upper loop of the Noble Canyon 50k course followed by a SURF picnic!
- When: Saturday July 9, 2016 starting at 7:00 AM. No need to RSVP for the run.
- Where: Meet at Pioneer Mail parking lot. US Forest adventure pass is required.
- Total Miles: 11.5 total for the loop, some may want to also head down Noble Canyon or add in Garnet Peak or other detours along the way.
- Then hang out with us after the run. The SURF running club is sponsoring a social gathering, food, tales, and fun! The picnic will be at Pioneer Mail from 11AM-2PM.
- Water: Water should be on at Penny Pines (mile 9.5) then you should leave water in your car if you plan to add the extra miles at the end.
See the Noble Canyon 50k website for the course map, elevation, and miles. Note that we will start this training run right in the middle of the course. We will run in the same direction as the race (counter-clockwise).
Run Directions: From Pioneer Mail Carefully cross Sunrise highway then turn right onto Pine Mountain trail, after a short bit you will cross a dirt road (stay on trail) until you come to the Champagne Pass Junction. Turn left onto Indian Creek Trail. After a couple miles you will “T” into the Noble Canyon trail. Turn LEFT onto Noble Canyon trail (note that on race day at this junction you will turn right to return back to the start/finish area). Stay on the Noble Canyon trail all the way up to Sunrise Highway (Penny Pines). Carefully cross the highway and turn left onto the Pacific Crest Trail. After 4 miles you will come to Pioneer Mail, do a short ½ mile out then ½ mile back on the PCT returning to Pioneer Mail.
You are responsible for your own safety. We will not be keeping track of where runners are on the trails and we encourage you to run in pairs.
Let us know if you have any questions: email@example.com